Teaching Assistantships (TA’s)
- TA’s typically hold office hours and assist with grading for assigned courses. TA assignments include the fall and spring semesters, and one six week summer session.
- There is no need to apply separately for a teaching assistantship. The department makes the decision based on the student needs, qualification, and availability. To be considered for a teaching assistantship you must submit your graduate program application by January 15; you must submit GRE scores in order to be considered for TA positions.
- Generally, TA positions are awarded to Ph.D. students only.
Research Assistantships (RA’s)
- RA’s are provided by the faculty members from their own research funds, typically after the student 1st year.
- See individual faculty members to discuss RA opportunities.