Teaching Assistantships (TA’s)
- TA’s typically involve teaching several laboratory sections and/or recitation sections in an introductory class. TA assignments include the fall and spring semesters, and one six week summer session.
- Non-native speakers of English must satisfy criteria established by the English as a Second Language (ESL) program operated by the Department of English at IUPUI before they appear in the classroom.
- There is no need to apply separately for a teaching assistantship. The department makes the decision based on the student needs, qualification, and availability. To be considered for a teaching assistantship you must submit your graduate program application by March 15.
Research Assistantships (RA’s)
- RA’s are provided by the faculty members from their own research funds, typically after the student 1st year.
- See individual faculty members to discuss RA opportunities.